Summer is officially here!! With days so warm that only the beach can help, there’s no reason to hold back on some treats for all the hard work into getting beach ready. The sales actually make the treats a bit ‘healthy’.
1. Pandora Moonstone earrings
One can never go wrong with a pair of birthstone earrings. Pandora has these gorgeous studs which go perfectly with any outfit.
2. Jimmy Choo sandals
Net a porter’s annual sale is amazing. There’s just one problem. It comes between our birthdays and we can’t quite justify going crazy. But with comfy Jimmy Choos for a ridiculous discount, we are almost at the checkout page.
3. Alexander Wang dress
This Alexander Wang dress is amazingly versatile and chic. It screams retro workout outfit, but reminds us of Michelle Obama. Get your hands on it before it sells out.
4. Payal Singhal Lehenga
This Lehenga is perfect for a summer wedding whether you are the bride or just attending. It’s dreamy and you can pair away the lace crop top with a pair of high waisted trousers for an absolutely amazing evening look.
5. Gucci bamboo tote
The Gucci semi annual sale is actually very good. They have iconic bags on sale at almost 50% off. My pick would be the bamboo tote. There’s even a cheery yellow version at a heavy discount.
So what are you waiting for? Happy sale shopping 🙂
It’s been a hectic few weeks for V and I, both on the personal and professional front. So firstly, we’re extremely SORRY we haven’t been able to post as regularly as we would like to. We have some great ideas for Divaly in 2015 and we weren’t able to get down to writing. But we promise to be more regular and have got some fun stuff lined up in the next few weeks : -)!
We’re midway through February already. Seems about time to say the year is flying past. We thought we would put together a list of perfect presents for that special someone in case you missed out in Valentine’s day or need something extra special for a birthday or just need some spoiling. Given that the birthstone for February is an amethyst, we have gone down the all things purple route.
1. Rose Quartz and Amethyst Earrings by Bansri – These earring simply put are absolutely adorable. These earrings would go with any outfit and are a wardrobe staple at this price point.
2. Valorie Glittle Finished Clutch by Anya Hindmarch – For the girl who loves to party, glitter completes an outfit like no other accessory can. Anya Hindmarch;s glitter clutches have slowly but steadily climbed on the fashion charts and become a wardrobe must have. Grab yours while it’s on sale.
3. Pearl and Amethyst Bangle by Manish Arora for Amrapali – These bangles made our hearts skip a beat. They are absolutely stunning. The combination of pearl and amethyst provide the perfect amount of sparkle and can easily go from day to night.
4. Iriza Suede Pumps by Christian Louboutin – Red single sole in a rich jewel tone – need we say more? There’s no time like now to invest in some gorgeous Louboutins. Guys – this is a sure fire way to her heart!
5. City Textured Tote by Balenciaga – A classic from the house of Balenciaga. The city tote is a timeless classic and is a perfect addition to any handbag collection. This is a colour that will work across all seasons and is still easy enough to to sell on if you are buying as an investment.
One of my most vivid shoe memories is a collective gasp from the entire female audience at the theatre watching Sex and the City 2 as the cameras panned in on the most gorgeous shimmery golden Louboutins worn by Carrie Bradshaw. I fell in love again only to notice my first love shaking his head in the next seat wondering why the ladies in the theatre were going gaga for red soles.
I spent the most of my free time after the movie trying it figure out how I could get my hands on a pair. The price tag somehow didn’t match up with my student budget even if I only had soup for the rest of the year! I let go and continued on having discovered Asos and sample sale websites.
Having seen the first signs of my love for leather ( he hasn’t lost the chance to remind me I’m a vegetarian), he surprised me with an ‘I missed you over the hols’ pair of gorgeous Michael Kors T straps. More of those later I promise. All mention of shoes and anything was soon forgotten in the craziness that is student life. Nearer my birthday however, I started having a think about what I would like for a present. My now husband asked me for a list and I sent him a link to a Paparazzi magazine clutch. He also for some reason asked me whether I liked shoes better or bags. At that point, consumed by red soles I was in crazy stupid love with shoes. I reminded him of the SATC pair and said those were my dream.
A month on all was forgotten and close to my birthday he said he would be getting me the clutch so I could wear it with my outfit for the concert we were going to on the night of my birthday. We were getting ready at my aunt’s place and heading off together. While there he asked me when I wanted my presents. I said anytime, although I needed the clutch so I could put my things in. He said OK, but what about the other presents. That’s when I realised he said presents – with an ‘s’. I asked him what else he bought me with a very suspicious look. He said shoes. I said o cool. But I know what I’m wearing tonight. He said fine and handed me a box with all the nonchalance that only a man handling shoes he doesn’t understand could muster.
Somehow, the rest is a blur. I have vague recollections of prancing around like a mad idiot going my precious. That was the point I knew, this was one affair that was never going to end.