Divaly is almost 2 months old. Boy, have Vasudha and I had a good time. We have always maintained that we wanted our family and friends to be a part of our journey. So to kick off this festive season we are going to have our very first guest post written by Priyanka Bhansali – fashion stylist and writer from Pune, India.
Priyanka and I met at a wedding. We really hit it off and quickly bonded over our love of fashion. Honestly, you should stay away from her – she knows all the best deals and exhibitions happening in and around Pune and you can only imagine what that does to me!!!
To kickstart this festive season, we thought why not have the must haves for the season? Read on what you must have in your closet !!
Priyanka : – When I was asked to do a guest post for Divaly about whatever I felt like sharing or contributing, my one and only thought and eagerness to talk about was about letting all you fashionistas know the best finds for the upcoming festivities. There’s a plethora of fabulous finds across the web and I have managed to pick up the best, (believe me, it wasn’t easy! Phew!) right from dresses to shoes.
Here’s the list below that will help you get your hands on the best of the trends. So, move over from the usual, these fresh trends are the ones to watch out for!
1. Krishna Mehta tunic with Palazzo – With palazzo’s trending all over, this pick from Krishna Mehta was an obvious choice.
2. Jumpsuit by Rubina K – Here’s this classy shimmery jumpsuit for the woman who wants to look different. Style it with statement neckpiece and you’re good to go!
3. Satin Embroidery Kaftan by Zzaaki – If you like going minimal, this satin kaftan with intricate embroidery on the neck fits the bill just right!
4. Orange box clutch by Kunst – Add the right amount of bling to your classic pieces to give it a festive vibe.
5. Black golden wedge heels by Shruti Kaul Sachdeva – With pure silk brocade adorning your feet, it’s a sure shot stunner!
6. Heart of gold necklace by Manish Arora for Amrapali – I’ve always fancied jewellery by Amrapali and when they got Manish Arora on board, I expected it to be quirky in some way and so it does! Completely heart it!
7. Black embellished short dress by Amit Arora – For a Diwali party dress, your search ends here with this perfect LBD.
8. Maroon Anarkali by Rohit Bal for Biba – Rich color and elegant style is what Rohit Bal stands for. Get this gorgeous anarkali suit exclusively at Biba.
9. Black lehenga sari by Chhavi Aggarwal – What’s better than wearing a sari that is fuss free? A lehenga sari is what that comes to your rescue. This hybrid of lehenga and a sari is apt for your card parties!
10. Embroidered cut work jacket by Ritika Mirchandani – This exquisite cut work and a waist belt attached to the jacket makes it an instant hit pair with your lehenga’s, anarkali or even acts as a blouse to your sari. Mix and match and create chic styles to add to your sartorial sense.
Hope you have enjoyed the compilation that are on my must buy list. Till then have a fun filled Diwali celebrations and stay chic with Divaly.
To check out more on Priyanka’s work, check out her Facebook page Stylist!