This month’s wishlist is a bit early. We have some lovely treats for Eid at some amazing prices, thanks to sales still being on.
1. Prerto Earrings
These earrings are absolutely gorgeous. They would jazz up a pair of jeans or complement a Lehenga perfectly. These would come in handy not just at Eid, but at an iftar party as well. The site has some variations of these earrings so grab a pair while they are in stock.
2. Astha Narang Lehenga
The threadwork on this Lehenga is exquisite. The Lehenga is also in an amazing colour so can be worn all seasons. It can easily be worn at a wedding without any fear of upstaging the bride. Now if only we had an excuse to grab one ourselves…
3. Christian Louboutin pumps
The birthstone for July is the ruby, which is why this list has some element of red to all our picks. For us, the most iconic red is the Louboutin sole. This pair is a wardrobe staple.
4. Fendi 2jours tote
The house of Fendi always had the baguette as an iconic bag. The 2jours tote is on its way to the hall of fame. We love the combination of colours and how the turquoise interior looks against the red. The best part is its at a 30% discount.
5. Ruby and Diamond ring
What’s a celebration without bling? This Blue Nile ruby and Diamond ring is breath taking. It’s perfect as an engagement ring or as a complement to your ethnic outfit. Either way its definitely heirloom material.
So what are you waiting for? Get you Eid wardrobe all set and happy celebrating.
The two of us love a lot of accessories. I use my bags and shoes and Aly uses her jewellery and watches. I think this necklace while out of her comfort zone would add the right amount of oomph to a night out outfit.
Spring has set in and it is almost that time of year when we can start wearing white, but it isn’t considered acceptable (not till Memorial Day at least). Our picks for this month’s payday treats and splurges have a distinct shine to them – bidding goodbye to dull and dreary winters with some sparkle.
1. This dress is infinitely versatile. It can fit seamlessly into your work wardrobe and add a statement necklace and shoes and you have a gorgeous party ready outfit. At this price point, it is also a steal
2. There’s something about sparkly things in a little blue box – it makes the heart flutter and brightens up your day instantly. If your other half doesn’t get the message, this Elsa Peretti ring is is perfect to go out and spoil yourself with.
3. Silver, shimmery, shiny, sparkly things make us feel like princesses. This dress is not too tweensy and not too grown up. It is perfect for a night out or a special dinner and motivation to follow those summer diet tips all at the same time 🙂
4.We wouldn’t be doing our jobs if we didn’t advise you to invest your money now would we? This McQueen clutch is a timeless piece. The iconic skull from the House of McQueen isn’t going anywhere and this clutch is enough to glam up any outfit in a heartbeat
5. There is a reason Cinderella is lucky. No forget about the prince, I’m talking about the shoes. These gorgeous, to die for, will rob a bank for shoes are what the wildest shoe fantasy dreams are made of.
As we have given our wallets sufficient time to recover from our indulgences last month, we thought it was about time to get splashing the cash and spoiling ourselves again. We have gone blue this month with our finds.
1. Zara bag – This Zara bag is oh so chic. It is polished, cute and wearable whether you are 15 or 50. This bag is perfectly priced and will add the perfect touch of youthfulness to any outfit.
2. Rohita and Deepa earrings – You don’t need much apart from these earrings to jazz up your outfit. I thought of Meryl Streep in The Devil Wears Prada when I set my eyes on these earrings. These earrings will take your outfit from day to night quite easily and if anyone reading this is planning on buying me a present, I would like these earrings along with items 1,3,4 and 5 on this list!
3. Chamee and Palak – This anarkali by Chamee and Palak is mesmerizing. The embroidery on the back is exquisite and the way the outfit falls will help anyone twirl like a princess till the end of time
4. Giuseppe Zanotti – Cage heels are in this season. These Giuseppe Zanotti heels are cage heels gone completely wild. These are perfect for a night out on town and will make you walk tall and feel amazing in any outfit they are paired with.
5. Prada Tote – And you thought we would only suggest a bag from Zara! The Prada Saffiano Lux tote is a must have bag. So go ahead, order yours in the most gorgeous of periwinkle blues and spoil yourself this month.
Divaly is almost 2 months old. Boy, have Vasudha and I had a good time. We have always maintained that we wanted our family and friends to be a part of our journey. So to kick off this festive season we are going to have our very first guest post written by Priyanka Bhansali – fashion stylist and writer from Pune, India.
Priyanka and I met at a wedding. We really hit it off and quickly bonded over our love of fashion. Honestly, you should stay away from her – she knows all the best deals and exhibitions happening in and around Pune and you can only imagine what that does to me!!!
To kickstart this festive season, we thought why not have the must haves for the season? Read on what you must have in your closet !!
Priyanka : – When I was asked to do a guest post for Divaly about whatever I felt like sharing or contributing, my one and only thought and eagerness to talk about was about letting all you fashionistas know the best finds for the upcoming festivities. There’s a plethora of fabulous finds across the web and I have managed to pick up the best, (believe me, it wasn’t easy! Phew!) right from dresses to shoes.
Here’s the list below that will help you get your hands on the best of the trends. So, move over from the usual, these fresh trends are the ones to watch out for!
9. Black lehenga sari by Chhavi Aggarwal – What’s better than wearing a sari that is fuss free? A lehenga sari is what that comes to your rescue. This hybrid of lehenga and a sari is apt for your card parties!
10. Embroidered cut work jacket by Ritika Mirchandani – This exquisite cut work and a waist belt attached to the jacket makes it an instant hit pair with your lehenga’s, anarkali or even acts as a blouse to your sari. Mix and match and create chic styles to add to your sartorial sense.
Hope you have enjoyed the compilation that are on my must buy list. Till then have a fun filled Diwali celebrations and stay chic with Divaly.
To check out more on Priyanka’s work, check out her Facebook page Stylist!
One of my most vivid shoe memories is a collective gasp from the entire female audience at the theatre watching Sex and the City 2 as the cameras panned in on the most gorgeous shimmery golden Louboutins worn by Carrie Bradshaw. I fell in love again only to notice my first love shaking his head in the next seat wondering why the ladies in the theatre were going gaga for red soles.
I spent the most of my free time after the movie trying it figure out how I could get my hands on a pair. The price tag somehow didn’t match up with my student budget even if I only had soup for the rest of the year! I let go and continued on having discovered Asos and sample sale websites.
Having seen the first signs of my love for leather ( he hasn’t lost the chance to remind me I’m a vegetarian), he surprised me with an ‘I missed you over the hols’ pair of gorgeous Michael Kors T straps. More of those later I promise. All mention of shoes and anything was soon forgotten in the craziness that is student life. Nearer my birthday however, I started having a think about what I would like for a present. My now husband asked me for a list and I sent him a link to a Paparazzi magazine clutch. He also for some reason asked me whether I liked shoes better or bags. At that point, consumed by red soles I was in crazy stupid love with shoes. I reminded him of the SATC pair and said those were my dream.
A month on all was forgotten and close to my birthday he said he would be getting me the clutch so I could wear it with my outfit for the concert we were going to on the night of my birthday. We were getting ready at my aunt’s place and heading off together. While there he asked me when I wanted my presents. I said anytime, although I needed the clutch so I could put my things in. He said OK, but what about the other presents. That’s when I realised he said presents – with an ‘s’. I asked him what else he bought me with a very suspicious look. He said shoes. I said o cool. But I know what I’m wearing tonight. He said fine and handed me a box with all the nonchalance that only a man handling shoes he doesn’t understand could muster.
Somehow, the rest is a blur. I have vague recollections of prancing around like a mad idiot going my precious. That was the point I knew, this was one affair that was never going to end.